AMC Wrestler of the Week
• St. Louis, Mo., Dec. 13 — The American Midwest Conference (AMC) selected their wrestler of the week this afternoon and the choice this week was Christian Richer of Central Baptist College. This is the first time this season that CBC has had a wrestler selected and the third time overall.
AMC Women’s Basketball Player of the Week
• St. Louis, Mo., Dec. 13 — For the first time this season, a CBC Mustang has been selected as AMC women’s basketball player of the week — Alexis Augustus.
Track & Field
• Charleston, Ill., Dec. 10 — Running for the final time this semester, Ally Swaim and Ryan Chamberlain represented the CBC at the Eastern Illinois University Early Bird Meet. Swaim ran two events, while Chamberlain competed in just the 400 meters. Swaim competed in both the 200 meters and the 60-meter hurdles. Her time of 27.42 in the 200 was the second fastest time of the day, while her 9.27 in the hurdles was good for fourth. Chamberlain ran a 52.38 in the 400, which put him fourth in a meet that was entirely comprised of NCAA Division I competition.
• Springdale, Dec. 9 — Stepping back out of AMC play, CBC took on the Royals of Ecclesia College at the Jones Center. CBC (5-3) never trailed, leading 25-8 after one quarter and cruising to a 91-51 win over EC (5-7) to complete the sweep of the Royals this season.
• Conway, Dec. 10 — Playing in their second game in as many nights, CBC hosted the Saints of Randall University at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (6-3) posted a season-high in rebounds and dominated RU (5-6) to win 63-25.
• Conway, Dec. 13 — Falling behind early in their final home game of 2021, CBC hosted the Warriors of Bacone College (BC) at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (7-3) got down in the first four minutes of the game, but closed strong, scoring 53 second half points in an 88-43 rout of BC (1-15).
• Conway, Dec. 9 — On the mat at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse for the first time this season, CBC hosted the Phoenix of Cumberland University for a dual. CBC earned one victory in six matches, falling by a score of 48-3.
• Montgomery, Ala., Dec. 11 — Competing for the second time this week, CBC was in Alabama for the Huntingdon College Tri-Dual. CBC earned four individual victories, but lost as a team, falling 39-16 to Allen in the first dual and 45-4 to Huntingdon in the second dual.
• Siloam Springs, Dec. 11 — Looking to avenge a loss earlier this season, CBC played the Golden Eagles of John Brown University at Bill George Arena. CBC (4-8) never led, and only forced one tie in an 83-60 loss to JBU (8-5), whom they’ve never beaten in 16 meetings.