• Columbia, Mo., Jan. 20 — Looking to stop their current American Midwest Conference (AMC) slide, CBC was inside the Southwell Complex for a meeting with the Cougars of Columbia College (CC). CBC (8-11, 4-3 AMC) led only at 2-0 and struggled all night, falling to Columbia (11-10, 5-2 AMC) 101-65.
• Conway, Jan. 22 — Returning home for the first time in two weeks, CBC hosted the Hornets of Harris-Stowe State University (HSSU) in an AMC tilt at Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (9-11, 5-3 AMC) locked down on defense, holding HSSU (2-14, 1-7 AMC) to 31% shooting from the field in a 65-48 win.
• Columbia, Mo., Jan. 20 — Looking to end a four-game losing streak, CBC wrapped up their four-game AMC road trip inside the Southwell Complex against the Cougars of Columbia College (CC). CBC (9-8, 2-6 AMC) trailed 50-41 at halftime, fought back to tie the game, but ultimately lost 82-72 to CC (15-4, 8-0 AMC).
• Conway, Jan. 22 — Looking to end a five-game losing streak, CBC hosted the Hornets of Harris-Stowe State (HSSU) in an AMC clash at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (10-8, 3-6 AMC) trailed 17-5 in the first quarter and came back to defeat HSSU (4-10, 1-8 AMC) 59-54 in a tight game.
Track & Field
• Pittsburg, Kan., Jan. 22 — Ally Swaim made history for CBC at the NAIA/Juco Invitational, hosted by Pittsburg State University. Swaim reached the NAIA Indoor National meet with her qualifying time in the 60-meter hurdles. She posted an NAIA “B” standard qualification time of 9.08, finishing second in the event by .08, and has now qualified for nationals in both indoor and outdoor track & field.