• Conway, March 8 — Returning home for the first time since Feb. 19, CBC hosted the Eagles of the University of the Ozarks. CBC (9-9) earned a sweep, pounding out 29 hits and 20 runs in a sweep of U of O (1-11) by scores of 7-4 and 13-5.
• North Little Rock, March 8 — Looking to continue their winning streak, CBC hosted the Tigers of Iowa Wesleyan University at Burns Park. CBC (8-9) split with IWU (5-15), dropping game one 6-3 before winning game two 5-4.
• Conway, March 11 — Playing at Victory Field on the Conway Christian School campus for the first time this season, CBC hosted the Patriots of Baptist Bible College (BBC) in a doubleheader. CBC (10-9) swept the two games over BBC (2-23), winning 14-3 in game one and 4-0 in a shortened game two due to snow. Head Coach Dr. Aaron Brister made history with his 400th career victory in game two. Brister needs one more win this season to hit 250 as the head coach of CBC.
• Conway, March 12 — With inclement weather happening in Arkansas on Friday night, CBC returned to Victory Field after delaying the scheduled start by two hours to face the Patriots of Baptist Bible College. CBC (12-9) finished off the series sweep, outscoring BBC (2-25) 5-1 in game one and 18-5 in game two. CBC drew 13 walks in game two, which was nearly a single game record, just one off the record and tying for second place for the second time this season. Jay French also made history again, tying the doubles record in game one and then moving into third place all-time in hits with 179.
• St. Louis, Mo., March 14 — For the first time in the 2022 season, CBC has earned the American Midwest Conference’s pitcher of the week. Andrew Killough earned the honor after his performance against Baptist Bible on Friday. Killough, in a game that was shortened because of snow, threw a five-inning complete game, allowing just two hits to pick up the win in a 4-0 shutout of the Patriots. He struck out a season-high 8 in his start and now has 99 career strikeouts for the Mustangs.
Track & Field
• Conway, March 12 — Competing in their first outdoor meet of the season, CBC was at Young-Wise Memorial Stadium for the 2022 Hendrix Alumni Open. Two Mustangs combined to win three events while another placed on the podium in his event. Ally Swaim and Jadon Price were the winners of their events, with Swaim placing first in both the 100 hurdles with a time of 15.01 and the 200 meters with a time of 27.20. Price was the winner in the shot put with a throw of 11.23 meters. Isaiah Stiger finished in third place in the long jump with a jump of 5.74 meters, while teammate Isaiah Patterson placed fifth in the same event with a jump of 5.44 meters.
• Maumelle, March 14 — Teeing off their spring season, CBC opened the 2022 portion of their schedule with the CBC Mustang Invitational at the Country Club of Arkansas. CBC finished third of the five teams in the competition, shooting an opening round 362 to sit 22 shots behind the leaders, Briar Cliff. Individually, Alyssa Hagewood is tied for fourth after one round, opening with an 83, two shots behind the individual leader. Keeley Bulza shot an opening round 87 to sit in a tie for eighth while Brooklyn Adcock shot a 95 and Abby Kirby posted a 97 in the first round.
• Maumelle, March 14 — Opening their spring season, CBC teed off at the Country Club of Arkansas for the 2022 CBC Mustang Invitational. CBC finished the first round in a tie for eighth place after shooting an opening round 320, 20 shots behind the leaders, Williams Baptist. Individually, Suraprat Pareepat leads after shooting a 71 (-1) by one shot over two players. Jakub Slapal finished with an eight-over 80, Ethan Williamson shot an 83 and both Travis Toebben and Anupon Wandee shot an 86 in the first round. Emmanuel LaBeur and Thomas Bray both competed as individuals with LaBeur shooting an 88 and Bray posting a 102.