• Springdale, March 29 — Playing on the road for the first time this month, CBC was at the Tyson Complex for a meeting with the Royals of Ecclesia (EC). CBC (17-12) couldn’t get anything going offensively, mustering only five hits in a 12-2 loss to EC (16-12). Jay French broke the single-season stolen bases record during the game, swiping four bases, giving him 32 on the season and breaking Brady Brashier’s previous record of 30 set back in 2013.
• Batesville, April 2 — Heading to the road for an American Midwest Conference (AMC) game for the first time this season, CBC was at Fred Wann Field for a nine-inning contest against the Scots of Lyon College. CBC (17-13, 4-3 AMC) got an early lead, but could not hold, as Lyon (19-14, 4-3 AMC) capitalized on sloppy CBC defense, defeating the Mustangs 13-3.
• Batesville, April 2 — Looking to salvage a game in their first road AMC series of the year, CBC was at Fred Wann Field for a doubleheader against Lyon. CBC (17-15, 4-5 AMC) could not generate enough offense to keep up with Lyon (21-14, 6-3 AMC) as they fell in both ends of the doubleheader 22-8 and 9-4.
• Pine Bluff, March 29 — Returning to the field for the first time since March 10, CBC took on the Golden Lions of the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (UAPB) in a doubleheader at the Torii Hunter Softball Complex. CBC (10-12) split the doubleheader with UAPB (3-25), dropping game one 3-2 before posting a 7-0 shutout in game two.
• Columbia, Mo., April 2 — Playing an AMC opponent for the first time this season, CBC took on the Owls of William Woods University (WWU) at Battle High School. CBC (12-12, 2-0 AMC) got timely hitting and dominant pitching, holding WWU (16-12, 6-2 AMC) to just seven hits and three runs in a sweep, winning by scores of 5-2 and 1-0.
• Shawnee, Okla., March 29 — Playing the final 18 of 54 holes, CBC was on the course at the Shawnee Country Club for the final round of the Shawnee Shootout. CBC closed with a final round 379 to finish in ninth place, three shots behind eighth. Individually, Suraprat Pareepart had the best round, firing a final round 78 to finish at 236 to finish in a tie for 14th. Travis Toebben was next, and he closed with an 89 to finish with a 245, followed by Jakub Slapal at 246, Ethan Williamson, who competed as an individual, at 250, Emmanuel LaBeur shot a final round 80 to finish with a 255 and Anupon Wandee finished with a 272 overall.
Track & Field
• Wichita, Kan., April 2 — Heading out of state for the second straight weekend, CBC was at the Friends Spring Invitational today. CBC had three competitors during the meet — Ally Swaim in the 100-meter hurdles, Josh Brown in the men’s 110-meter hurdles and Isaiah Stiger in the long jump. Swaim would record a time of 14.84 to win her heat and advance to the finals, where she ran a 14.83 to place fourth and miss qualification for NAIA Nationals by just .03 seconds. Brown, making his track debut, recorded a time of 16.90 in his event, placing 19th, while Stiger put down a mark of 6.00 meters in the long jump to place 24th.