• Paragould, Aug. 29 — Playing for the 40th time in series history, CBC was on the road at the Carter Activities Center for a midweek tile with Crowley’s Ridge College. CBC (1-4) won the first two sets before dropping the final three to lose 3-2 to CRC (3-1). Three Mustangs finished with double-doubles, as Brooke Schmitz and Madie Stephenson both registered the first of their careers and Madeline Freeman posted her second of the season and the 11th of her career. Mikayla Lawrence led the way in digs with 31, her fifth career match with 30 digs or more.
• St. Louis, Mo., Sept. 4 — For the first time this season, CBC has earned recognition from the American Midwest Conference (AMC). Mikayla Lawrence, senior libero from Beebe, was voted as the AMC Defensive Player of the Week. Lawrence, who earned Player of the Week recognition for the first time, had 107 digs and averaged 5.63 digs per set in five matches this week. She also had an outstanding week in serve/receive, posting a reception percentage of .945 in 128 attempts.
• Springfield, Mo., Sept. 7 — CBC was on the road at W.E. Dowell Fieldhouse for a non-AMC tilt with the Patriots of Baptist Bible College (BBC). CBC (4-6) took care of business, hitting .289 in the third set to pick up a four-set win over BBC (4-5). Madeline Freeman notched her third career triple-double in the match, posting 14 kills (tied for the team lead with Ahna Merrell), 13 assists and 18 digs. Brooke Schmitz paced the Mustangs in assists with 18 while also making 11 digs for her second career double-double and Mikayla Lawrence finished with 26 digs to lead the team, picking up her third career double-double in the process with 11 assists as well.
• Conway, Aug. 29 — Playing at home for the second consecutive Tuesday, CBC hosted the Golden Lions of the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (UAPB) at Centennial Soccer Park. CBC (2-1-1) couldn’t cash in on three chances, fighting to a scoreless draw with UAPB (2-2-1). Bailey Walerczyk stopped 10 shots in net for her fifth 10-plus save match of her career and her first career shutout. The Mustangs’ chances in the 9th, 27th and 34th minutes were all turned away, pushing CBC to their first draw of the season.
• Orange City, Iowa, Sept. 1 — Opening play in the Pizza Ranch Classic, CBC took on Northwestern College tonight at the NWC Soccer Complex. CBC (2-2-1) held the score scoreless at halftime before the Red Raiders (1-2) scored late to hand the Mustangs a 1-0 loss. Bailey Walerczyk made 12 saves in net and was able to keep NWC off the board for 82 minutes until the Red Raiders scored on a free kick in the 83rd to break the deadlock.
• Sioux Center, Iowa, Sept. 2 — Playing on the final day of the Pizza Ranch Classic, CBC took on the Dordt Defenders (DU) at the Defenders Soccer Complex. CBC (2-3-1) couldn’t break through the DU (3-1-0) defense, allowing two goals in each half to drop the contest 4-0. Bailey Walerczyk had her third straight 10-plus save match, stopping 11 shots in net.
• Springfield, Mo., Sept. 9 — Returning to the field for the first time in a week, CBC took on NCAA DII opponent Southwest Baptist University (SBU) at the SBU Soccer Field. CBC (2-4-1) allowed a couple of first half goals and one in the second half and couldn’t pierce through a stingy SBU 1-2-1 defense, falling 3-0.
• Oklahoma City, Okla., Sept. 11 — Playing on the road for the second time in three days, CBC took on the Evangels of Mid-America Christian (MACU) at Dill Soccer Field. CBC (2-5-1) trailed 1-0 at the half before allowing three second-half goals to fall 4-0 to MACU (6-0-0). Bailey Walerczyk had another double-digit save game in net, making 10 on the evening.
• Orange City, Iowa, Sept. 1 — Playing in Iowa for the first time in 10 years, CBC was at the NWC Soccer Complex for a contest against Northwestern College (NWC) in the Pizza Ranch Classic. CBC (1-3) trailed 3-1 at the half and dropped the match 4-1 to NWC (2-1). Joe McElhinney scored the first goal of the season for the Mustangs, breaking a scoreless drought of over 200 minutes to start the year, on an assist from Manny Almaraz.
• Sioux Center, Iowa, Sept. 2 — Playing on the final day of the Pizza Ranch Classic, CBC took on the Defenders of Dordt (DU) at the Dordt Soccer Complex. CBC (1-4) went into halftime time tied at zero but allowed four goals in the second half to fall 4-0 to DU (4-1).
• Springfield, Mo., Sept. 9 — Stepping out of NAIA play, CBC took on the Bearcats of Southwest Baptist University (SBU) at the SBU Soccer Field. CBC (2-5) nearly forced a draw as they went into the locker room at the half knotted at zero before a late penalty kick gave the win to SBU (1-1) 1-0.
• Batesville, Sept. 8 — Competing for the first time this season, CBC was on the Lyon College Cross Country Course for the Lyon Invitational. Josh Brown and Kendrick Jackson competed in the 5K event on the men’s side while Mackenzie Milligan and Lindsey Risner competed on the women’s side. Brown finished 11th in the field with a time of 24:44.85 and Jackson placed 16th with a time of 29:09.35. In the women’s race, Milligan crossed the line in 7th with a time of 27:11.56 while Risner finished 11th with a time of 33:39.12 in her first race in a Mustang uniform.