Central Baptist College honored faculty and staff for their service at the annual Employee Appreciation and Awards Luncheon on Friday, May 6. Below is a list of employees who were honored:
• 30 years of service — Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Gary McAllister;
• 15 years of service — Assistant Professor of Communications/Chair of Communication Department Ann Gardner and Assistant Professor of Missions Dr. John David Smith;
• 10 years of service — Associate Vice President for Student Services Chris Mitchell, Administrative Assistant to the President Peggy Pillow and Director of Development Amy Reed;
• 5 years of service — Director of Church Relations/Assistant Baseball Coach Duffy Guyton, Sports Information Director Erik Holth, Dining Services Sous Chef Bobby Jeffers, Assistant Professor of Accounting Heather Solano and Assistant Professor of Mathematics Amber Strain;
• 3 years of service — Director of Physical Plant Byron Baker, Assistant Professor of English/Chair of Literature & Language Arts Department Traci Caldwell, Business Office Analyst Dana Dowdy, Director of Information Technology Jerry Dowdy, Director of Soccer Lance Gordon, Financial Aid Counselor Heather Harrison and Assistant Professor of Education Carolyn Weaver.
Five individuals were selected for the President’s Awards. The recipients were: Director of Information Technology Jerry Dowdy for Loyalty, Assistant Baseball Coach Frank Lee for Dedication, Computer Technician Austin Reitz for Behind the Scenes, Dr. Associate Professor of Business Kateryna Pitchford for Professionalism and Director of Alumni & Public Relations Jessica Faulkner for Excellence.
Two other awards were handed out at the luncheon. The CARE (Creating a Rare Experience) Award went to Associate Professor of Biology Dr. Rachel Scott for her work in benefitting the employees, students and visitors of CBC. The Fred Award was presented to Chris Mitchell for his exemplification of the four principles of being a Fred — making a difference each day, having a heart for people, changing ordinary moments into memorable ones and leading by example.
2022 Outstanding Faculty Awards were presented by Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Gary McAllister. Director of PACE & Online Studies/PACE Department Chair Steve Elder received the Outstanding Faculty Leadership Award and Director of Bands & Orchestra/Fine Arts Department Chair/Education Placement Coordinator Dr. Danielle Hodges received the Outstanding Faculty Award.
The 2022 Employee of the Year award was also announced. Nominated by letter or e-mail to the president, the employee was required to meet the following criteria: loyalty to the institution, demonstration of a good work ethic, positive attitude toward fellow workers and students and professionalism. The award went to Director of Physical Plant Byron Baker.