•St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 17 — For the first time this season, CBC has swept the American Midwest Conference (AMC) Athlete of the Week awards for a sport. Golfers Alyssa Hagewood and Kitsakon Jairak were named the Golfers of the Week by the conference. Hagewood shot a 161 at last week’s Evangel Fall Invitational to finish in sixth place overall for the tournament, nine shots off the win. Jairak shot a one-under-par 139 last week to finish in second place, eight shots behind the winner.
• Batesville, Oct. 11 — Playing for the final time as AMC opponents, CBC was at Huser Field for a tilt with the Scots of Lyon College. CBC (8-3-3, 1-1-2 AMC) was trying to avenge last season’s two defeats to Lyon (2-9-2, 1-1-1 AMC), but neither team scored, fighting to a goalless draw.
• Conway, Oct. 15 — Playing in their final Saturday home match of the season, CBC hosted the Hornets of Harris-Stowe State in an AMC tilt on Senior Day. CBC (8-4-3, 1-2-2 AMC) would lead at halftime, but couldn’t keep HSSU (6-4-2, 1-1-2 AMC) off the board in the second half, conceding twice to lose 2-1.
• Batesville, Oct. 11 — Playing on the road for the second straight match, CBC was at Huser Field for an AMC contest against the Scots of Lyon College (LC). In what was the final meeting between the two schools as AMC foes, Josie Gelsthorpe’s goal just before halftime gave CBC (5-7-1, 2-2 AMC) a 1-0 victory over LC (1-10, 0-3 AMC).
• Conway, Oct. 15 — Returning home for the first time in two weeks, CBC hosted the Hornets of Harris-Stowe State (HSSU) in an AMC tilt at the Centennial Soccer Complex. CBC (6-7-1, 3-2-0 AMC) played great defense and scored a goal in each half, beating HSSU (8-3-1, 2-2 AMC) 2-0.
• Springfield, Mo., Oct. 11 — Entering the final round in striking distance of the lead, Alyssa Hagewood teed off with Abby Kirby and Laney Crutchfield in the final round of the Evangel Fall Invitational at the Stewart Golf Club. Hagewood shot a final round 82 to finish with a score of 161, nine shots off the win in a tie for sixth overall. Kirby moved up four positions in the final standings, closing with a final round 87 for a score of 182 and Crutchfield posted a final round 100 to finish at 198 for the tournament.
• Springfield, Mo., Oct. 11 — Entering the final round trailing by 15 strokes, CBC looked to charge past the hosts Evangel to try and win the Evangel Fall Invitational on the Stewart Golf Course. CBC closed with an eight-under-par round of 272 and finished three strokes shy of the win with a total score of 575.
• Nixa, Mo., Oct. 17 — Teeing off for the final time this fall, CBC was on the course at the Fremont Hills Country Club for the first 18 holes of the Fremont Hills Challenge. CBC shot an opening round 303 and leads the tournament by 10 strokes over AMC rival Missouri Baptist.
Individually, Jakub Slapal owns the lead after posting an even par 71 to carry a three-shot lead into the final round. Paul Gomez was next, shooting an opening round 76 to sit in a tie for fourth while both Joaquin Ali and Suraprat Pareepart shot opening round 78’s and are tied for eighth. Kitsakon Jairak opened with an 80 and Anupon Wandee, competing as an individual, opened with an 83.
• Paragould, Oct. 13 — Playing outside the American Midwest Conference (AMC) for the final time this season, CBC took on the Pioneers of Crowley’s Ridge College (CRC) at the Carter Activities Center. CBC (3-13) kept it close all night long but weren’t able to outscore CRC (4-17), falling in four sets by scores of 21-25, 28-26, 23-25 and 23-25.