• St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 25 — The American Midwest Conference (AMC) released their preseason poll earlier today and CBC was picked to finish third in the conference. CBC finished fifth in the AMC in the 2021-22 season. CBC returns eight wrestlers from last year, including NAIA National qualifier Christian Richer, who earned a preseason ranking of #19 at 165 pounds last week. Wrestling season begins Nov. 5 in Williamsburg, Ky., at the Patriot Open.
• Conway, Oct. 25 — Looking to end the regular season on a high note, CBC, who has already clinched a spot in the upcoming AMC tournament, hosted the Eagles of Williams Baptist (WBU) in windy conditions at Centennial Soccer Park. CBC (6-9-2, 3-4-1 AMC) couldn’t muster any offense and surrendered a late penalty to fall to WBU (3-11-1, 3-4-0 AMC) 1-0.
• Conway, Oct. 25 — Playing for the final time at Centennial Soccer Park this season, CBC hosted the #14 Eagles of Williams Baptist University in an AMC match. CBC (8-6-3, 1-4-2 AMC) allowed a goal in the first 26 minutes and couldn’t respond, allowing #14 WBU (13-0-2, 7-0-1 AMC) to clinch their first AMC title in program history.
• Hannibal, Mo., Oct. 29 — Closing out the regular season on the road, CBC looked to end the month of October on a high note against the Trojans of Hannibal-LaGrange (HLGU) in an AMC contest. CBC (8-7-3, 1-5-2 AMC) allowed three first-half goals but scored one in the second, falling to HLGU (7-6-2, 3-4-1 AMC) 3-1.
• Conway, Oct. 28 — Returning home for the first time in 27 days, CBC hosted the Stars of Stephens College in an AMC match inside A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (4-15, 1-6 AMC) won the first set, but couldn’t win another, falling in four to Stephens (15-11, 4-3 AMC) by scores of 25-16, 18-25, 19-25 and 11-25.
• Conway, Oct. 29 — Playing their final match at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse this season, CBC hosted the #14 Cougars of Columbia College (CC). CBC (4-16, 1-7 AMC) led early but was overpowered by #14 CC (22-9, 8-0 AMC) in straight sets by scores of 15-25, 12-25 and 12-25. Mikayla Lawrence finished with nine digs in the match and joined Lenee (Gibson) Johnson as the only players ever in program history with over 1,000 digs, as Lawrence now has 1,006 in her career.
• Conway, Oct. 29 — Gabe Johnson’s jump shot with 2.1 seconds left in regulation gave CBC a 69-68 win in their 2022-23 season opener against the Wildcats of Louisiana Christian University. CBC (1-0) led at the half, but saw their lead dwindle in the second half until Johnson rescued them with the final field goal of the game.
• Conway, Oct. 31 — Hosting another team for the first time ever, CBC took on the Wildcats of Wiley College (WC) at A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse. CBC (2-0) led at the break and made over half their second-half shots to push past WC (0-1) 78-62.