Job Announcement: Vice President for Advancement Reports to: The President
Mission Statement: Central Baptist College is committed to transforming lives through education that integrates Christian faith and academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment.
Responsibilities: The Vice President for Advancement is charged with supporting the mission of CBC and elevating the institution’s profile through:
• Serving as the institution’s chief fundraising officer;
• Developing effective donor, community, and alumni relations;
• Championing CBC through ongoing engagement with alumni, donors and community leaders to continuously maximize the potential for revenue;
• Provide leadership to the Offices of Development, Public Relations, Church Relations, and Alumni Services, working with them to design, implement and direct an integrated and comprehensive development program, with special emphasis on identifying, cultivating, soliciting, engaging and stewarding support to provide long-term financial sustainability for the college;
• A voting member of the President’s Executive Leadership Team.
Qualifications: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of seven years of supervision/team leadership
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking
• Ability to manage donor relations with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines and possess a service-oriented, team-player attitude
• Fundraising experience preferred
• Travel required, including weekends and evenings.
Candidate must support the Christian identity of the College and demonstrate mature faith, a Christian lifestyle and a strong belief in Baptist Doctrine.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To be considered for the position of Vice President for Advancement, interested candidates must complete an Application for Employment at cbc.edu/jobs and send a cover letter, resume (including references) and statement of faith as PDF attachments addressed to Terry Kimbrow, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions only. Background check required.